Keep small hearing aid batteries away from children. These button-like batteries can easily be put in the ears, nose, or mouth. If they become stuck or swallowed, acid from the battery can leak out and burn the inside of the ears, nose, throat, or stomach. So be sure to properly store and dispose of hearing aid batteries. If a battery is ingested, you can obtain more information by calling the National Battery Ingestion Hotline at 202-625-3333 or by calling the Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.