Before your biopsy:
Have blood tests as
Follow instructions for not
eating or drinking before the biopsy.
Arrange for someone to drive
you home after your biopsy.
- Talk with your healthcare provider if you have any questions or
Also, tell your provider about all of the medicines, drugs, and
supplements you take. This includes:
- Medicines that thin the blood and prevent blood clots, such as
- Other medicines that thin the blood. This includes aspirin. It
also includes non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen and
- Medicines for heart conditions
- Over-the-counter medicines
- All prescription medicines
- Illegal drugs
- Herbs, vitamins, and other supplements
Stop taking aspirin and NSAIDS 1 week before the biopsy. Ask what
other medicines you may need to stop.