Call the healthcare provider right
away if your child:
- Feels extreme depression, fear, anxiety, or anger toward him or herself or others
- Feels out of control
- Hears voices that others don’t hear
- Sees things that others don’t see
- Can’t sleep or eat for 3 days in a row
- Shows behavior that concerns friends,
family, or teachers, and others express concern about this behavior and ask you to
GAD may increase a child’s risk for suicide. Threats of suicide are a cry for help. Always take such statements, thoughts, behaviors, or plans very seriously. Any child who expresses thoughts of suicide should be evaluated right away.
if your child has
suicidal thoughts, a suicide plan, and the means to carry out the plan.