Treatment will depend on your
child’s symptoms, age, and general health. It will also depend on the cause and how
severe the condition is.
Your teen may need to see a
gynecologist. This is a doctor who treats the female reproductive system. Treatment for
amenorrhea may include:
- Hormone treatment with
- Hormone treatment with birth control
pills (oral contraceptives)
- Medicine to treat thyroid
- Surgery for birth defects or other
- Changes in diet or exercise
- Treatment of an eating disorder
- Calcium supplements to reduce bone
Talk with your child’s healthcare
provider about the risks, benefits, and possible side effects of all treatments.